Sunday, April 29, 2012

First Rummage of the Year Scores

I had such high hopes for this blog but alas, as the title says, I have too many things I want to do and not enough time in the day to get them done.
I wanted to share my awesome scores from one sale I went to on Saturday.  I wanted to visit more garage sales but felt satisfied by my finds from the one sale so I stopped to keep from building on Mt. Unlisted or worse, creating a whole mountain range.  But that is for another post.
So feast your eyes on this goodness:
I know, right?  The cooler was my happiest score.  I have a friend who has her finger on the pulse of cool and has been wanting one of these for her husband for camping but said they were too spendy.  Well, for $2 my Apple man could be trendy and cool.  After I showed him completeds on ebay, he wants me to sell it.  I argued the beer/bottle opener feature on the handles alone is worth keeping but no joy.  It's outta here.

Good by beautiful vintage coolness cooler.
I found my first vintage pyrex casserole dish.  Not a super hottie but I am grateful none the less.  The binoculars are for the kids, not worth much and too much fun.  The fossil watch is hard to research but I don't think it's worth much.
The last bit was a Christmas sweater and a vintage penguin ice bin.  The penguin cooler is mid-century and hot.  Just shows, constant research pays.  I would have never picked this up without people sharing what they are selling on thrift shares.
I got 5 vintage playstation games for Space Boy and a shirt and a jacket for Little Critter and Normal Child.  How much did I spend? . . .$13.  Man do I love a good rummage sale.

1 comment:

  1. heya thanks for the note on holy scrap. we may not take you up on the apt, we really really want to be in the heart of town, walking distance to things. but we'd love to connect and meet up. lets switch this conversation to email, drop me a note at wendy (at sign) gaiatreehouse.com

    ReplyDelete