Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Stuffing and Unstuffing

Genetically, I am a hoarder.  I fight it, think I can actually do something about it, but when push comes to shove, I collect stuff.
I have a shelf full of books to help me combat the disease
I also collect books about how I want my house to look.

but all that ends up happening is my shelf collapses under the weight of all the books I collect.
Waiting for the weight of 3rd and 4th shelf to give way.

So none of that has worked unless you like dusting books.  So I tried this program.  I printed the list, made plans, filled it up the first 15 weeks and started to work.  I actually tackled a couple projects that were bothering me, so I got that goin' for me, which is nice.  But here it is, week 46 and I have completed 7, yes 7 projects.  That my friends, is pathetic.
One of my projects, already re-cluttered!  Ugh!

But beat my self up?  No, not me.  I am a scientist by trade so this is my proof, I have a genetic condition, I can't fight it.  I am not an organized, tidy, or simple person.  But I am here to tell you, I have another plan (that may or may not work).
I am NOT going out on Friday (or Thursday) to go shopping.  I am supporting this movement.

It is going to work for me for two, no three ways:
1.  If I don't buy anything, it won't accumulate in my house.
2.  I'm not a big fan of crowds or corporate greed.
3.  I am done shopping for Christmas, finished last month actually.  I am a bargain shopper, but all year, not just the day after Thanksgiving.

So my latest motto is '1 thing in, 2 things out'.  I have to say that has made the biggest difference. 
So as you are stuffing your face this Thanksgiving, think about unstuffing your house and don't shop on Friday.
Disclaimer: Sis, I mean me, not you.  Have fun at the craft fair, at least it's local.

No comments:

Post a Comment