Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween For Kids and Adults

Halloween in a resort town is a bit different than regular suburbia.  First of all everyone from the whole town descends on 2 streets.  So those poor suckers have 200 trick or treaters and the rest of us dirtbags don't have to buy a single bag of candy.
They take it in stride though and even help a mom or dad out.  One house had hot hard mulled cider, one house had orange jello shots and most had coolers of beer. 
Me?  Well I had 3 little goblins er rather:
Dorothy, Rapunzel and Killer Klowns From Outerspace, to herd up and down said 2 streets.  Luckily my friends had a pre-trick or treat party with food for the kids and Chili for the grown ups.  This helped with the sugar high of the children and the er. . . buzz for the grown ups.
Not to be a total dirtbag, I too had treats for others, hence the beer wagon, I mean child hauler:
Notice the cup holder, no sippy cup here!
Hidden under the pom poms are the goods, don't want people to think I'm a lush.
Good times had by all, kids got lots of candy, mom got to be social and my friend finally made it out of his costume with a little help from his wife:
The robot costume seemed like a good idea at the time.
So next year, ditch the suburban drudgery and join the party in Big Sky!
Oh and me?  Well most who know me wouldn't believe it but I wore my high school cheerleader uniform and it still sort of fits.
Hope you had a good Halloween.
Picking up the puppy on Saturday, I'll keep you posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment